“In India, when we meet and greet and we say “Namaste”, which means: I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides, I honor the place in you of love, of light, of truth, of peace. I honor the place within you where if you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us.”
Namaste! Welcome to The Urban Ashram, a community of inspired volunteers who wish to change the world by “being the change”!
Whenever anyone asks us what it is that we “do” at the Ashram, interesting responses emerge. We list below some of the responses to help you get an understanding of The Urban Ashram.
The Urban Ashram is primarily a “space” in different contexts:
- It is a space to be.
- a space for people to explore, experience, express their inner dimension.
- a space to facilitate the blossoming of love, compassion and wisdom within.
- a space to encourage people to undertake the journey of truth, the journey from knowledge to knowing.
- a space to bring people the experience of felt oneness and belonging-ness.
- a space, a temple dedicated to the community.
- a space for artists, musicians, authors, yogis, healers to gather and share their work, talents and insights with a community and inspire others to dive within.
- a space to inspire the spirit of generosity by practicing spontaneous little acts of kindness.
- a space to facilitate journeys from the head to the heart.
- a space of infinite possibilities for the good to ripple out into the Universe.